To earn a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Social Studies, students must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. Students must also earn a cumulative GPA of 2.75.
This Maryland Approved Program meets certification requirements in other states. Students are advised, however, to consult certification requirements in states of interest early in their study.
Optional Certifications:Art Certification (P-12) or World Languages Certification (P-12)
Student Learning Outcomes
Mount St. Mary’s develops educators who are able to:
- demonstrate the content and pedagogical knowledge, skills and dispositions to effect student learning (proficient)
- examine learning to shape their practice (reflective)
- demonstrate commitment to the diversity, dignity, equality and rights of the individual (ethical)
- demonstrate leadership as active participants in the education community (leading)
- respond to the demands of an increasingly diverse technological and global society (adaptive)