Jul 02, 2022
Statement of Purpose
The Division of Continuing Studies exists to meet the educational needs of adult accelerated learners. As such, it provides accelerated undergraduate degree completion programs in accounting, business, communication, criminal justice, human services, and elementary education to adults, offering courses in person at its Frederick Campus and online via web-conferencing.
Programs in Continuing Studies capitalize on adult learners’ experiences and extend the mission. As a Catholic university, Mount St. Mary’s graduates ethical leaders who are inspired by a passion for learning and lead lives of significance in service to God and others.
Students seeking admission to the program should complete the following steps:
- Complete an application from admission, available online at http://admission.msmary.edu/apply/
- Have all official college transcripts sent to Mount St. Mary’s University Frederick Campus Attention: Director of Undergraduate Programs, 5350 Spectrum Drive Frederick, MD 21703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor (301-682-8315) for a personalized transfer evaluation of transcripts and degree plan.
Accelerated Undergraduate Academic Programs
Mount St. Mary’s Division of Continuing Studies offers the following degree-completion programs:
- Accounting, Continuing Studies, B.S.
- Business, Continuing Studies, B.S.
- Communication, Continuing Studies, B.A.
- Criminal Justice, Continuing Studies, B.A.
- Elementary Education, Continuing Studies, B.S.
- Elementary/Special Education, Continuing Studies, B.S.
- Human Services, Continuing Studies, B.S.
Students in all programs must complete the Mount core curriculum as well as all course requirements in their major program of study and general electives. Please see individual program descriptions for further information.